Getting Oregonized

Random thoughts & observations before, during & after a cross-country move to Portland, Oregon in June 2006.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Workin' Man

I'm not feeling so hot, so I've been horizontal on the couch for most of the day, but I just had to do a quick post b/c while I was sleeping-in this morning, John landed himself a job! He made one phone call & got hired...how awesome is that?! He starts on Monday. I'm so proud of him & he's pretty happy that his job search began & ended within 30 minutes of each other. If only mine would go the same way!

Actually, I had an initial phone conversation with the woman I'm really hoping to work for out here a few weeks ago. I called her again yesterday to let her know that we had arrived in Oregon & she said she'd be in touch to set up an interview in a few weeks. I'm keeping my hopes up, but I know I can't rely solely on that one possibility, so I've decided that next week is when I'll kick my job search into gear. As much as I've loved NOT working, I know I have to go back at some point.

Later,
PortlandGirl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home