Getting Oregonized

Random thoughts & observations before, during & after a cross-country move to Portland, Oregon in June 2006.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Getting Oregonized - Unplugged

Bright House Networks seems to be anxious for us to leave the state since both our cable & our high-speed internet connections went berserk today. So, we're officially unplugged for the next week. It feels weird b/c I didn't get to say my online farewell from Florida. Sometimes, even with the best laid plans, things don't always go the way you'd like.

Diane I had our last 'ladies of leisure' luncheon today. We thought it was fitting to order some 'Caribbean Coolers' at The Cheesecake Factory; these are concoctions of rum, tropical fruit juices, coconut (no mum, you wouldn't have liked it) & strawberries. Quite tasty & one of those dangerous drinks that doesn't carry any hint of alcohol taste. They also came with tropical fruit attached to the rim, so we were happy - doesn't take much! We agreed that the best part of our drinks was that we got carded! I honestly don't remember the last time I was asked for I.D., but I'm sure it was a time when I didn't appreciate it as I did today. Either Diane & I look pretty young for people in their 'twentyteens', or we're fairly immature when we go out together. Hmmm...I wonder which one it is!

We had a fun lunch which we ended with two huge slabs of cheesecake (the portion sizes at The Cheesecake Factory are fairly out of control). Diane had lemon raspberry cream & I had German chocolate (again mum, no, you wouldn't have liked it!). We both had about four bites before declaring ourselves full, but we got to leave with little styrofoam boxes of leftovers to save in the fridge for future enjoyment. I'm really going to miss Diane & her smiley, up-for-anything attitude. I only wish I had met her when we first moved down here, rather than towards the end of our stay.

Today might have been our last visit to our beloved Super Target where I have practically made a second home (ask me where to find something & I'll tell you what aisle it's in) & do you know what we saw in the parking lot? A rainbow. A full rainbow, right across the sky....& it was facing west.

Later,
PortlandGirl

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home