Getting Oregonized

Random thoughts & observations before, during & after a cross-country move to Portland, Oregon in June 2006.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Sagittarius Schmagittarius

So, although my horoscope called for it two days ago, I did not fall into a financial windfall & I still don't know how I'm faring on the numerous interview phases I've completed in the hopes of landing my dream job. What's next? The 'feats of strength'? The 'airing of grievances'? How many phases can there possibly be?! I'm starting to feel like I'm being Punk'd.

The good news is, I think I did well on Thursday's assignment, so I'm still quite hopeful. And, b/c last week's experiment with taking action rather than waiting around for news worked in my favor, I plan on keeping it in my repertoire. If I haven't heard anything within a few days, I'll follow up & I'll keep following up until I'm hired. Or, until I find out I'm NOT hired, at which point I will fall into a deep depression which only bubble baths, numerous cups of tea & perhaps a pint of Haagen Dazs will be able to pull me out of.

Later,
PortlandGirl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home