Getting Oregonized

Random thoughts & observations before, during & after a cross-country move to Portland, Oregon in June 2006.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Waiting Game

So, now it begins. The thing I'm not very good at at all. Waiting. Or more to the point, waiting patiently. This afternoon, I had my interview at the one company I actually want to work for & although I was hoping they'd say, "You're hired" at the end of our meeting, it didn't happen. That doesn't usually happen & yet, I get my hopes up every time that it will. Isn't that the definition of insanity?

After some time to re-hash the event in my head, I think the interview itself went quite well. My inner critic is pretty harsh, so it's hard for me to say that, but at the same time, I don't think I did or said anything so drastic as to take myself out of the running. I don't even know if anyone else is in the race. I called mum & Dado about it & they helped me to stop critiquing every little aspect so much & look at the overall picture instead (something I need to work on in life in general). No one can prop you up & make you feel like a million bucks like your parents can! Thanks guys!

This job is something that meets almost all of the things on my wish list & I've been after it since April. So far, everything has gone well & it all feels 'right'...like it's meant to be. I hope they feel the same way! I'll just have to wait to find out. Crap.

Fingers crossed,
PortlandGirl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home