Getting Oregonized

Random thoughts & observations before, during & after a cross-country move to Portland, Oregon in June 2006.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Worth the Weight

Well, it only took 9 months & 18 days, but I am finally the proud owner of an Oregon driver's license. I just got back from the DMV (which was a far more pleasant experience than the Orlando DMV in 'da hood) with a shiny new card, of which I am quite proud. It's much prettier than my Florida one & the picture isn't horrendous either. What a relief to be able to cross this task off my to do list!

(Sidebar for those of you who may be wondering why it took so long to do something as simple as switch over a license from one state to another - in Oregon, you have to take an online knowledge test before you can get a license, even if you've already got one from another state. Basically, I've been procrastinating.)

One main difference with this license is that they list your WEIGHT on it! Right there on the front for all to see! Which got me thinking...if you know how many people are going to see it, & bearing in mind they don't actually weigh you, are you really going to put the correct weight, or are you going to fudge it a little?

That's what I thought.

Happy trails,
PortlandGirl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home