Getting Oregonized

Random thoughts & observations before, during & after a cross-country move to Portland, Oregon in June 2006.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Year in Review - Part Two

It has taken me a while to get back to this wrap-up. Partly, b/c it seems like a lot of stuff happened, therefore, I have the idea that it's going to take me a long time to tell it. And what do I do when I feel like something's going to take a long time? I procrastinate. I tell myself over & over again to just sit down & do it, but then I find something that seems much more pressing (like watching a rerun of "Sex and the City") & I do that instead.

I think the other part of the reason I've taken my time coming back to it is b/c I'd rather focus on the here & now rather than go backwards. We are already one month into 2007...do I really still want to be rehashing 2006? I don't think I do.

And anyway, in hindsight, aside from losing both Ralph & Grandad (my mum's parents who were the epitome of what grandparents should be) within 11 days of each other, none of the other stuff that happened seems that bad.

I'm saving a post about Ralph & Grandad for another day. It needs more time to come together in my head.

I do believe I've run out of things to say tonight. Must be writer's block. Or that 2nd glass of wine. Either way, I'll be back soon.

Namaste,
PortlandGirl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home