Getting Oregonized

Random thoughts & observations before, during & after a cross-country move to Portland, Oregon in June 2006.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Ahoy Maties!

This is it! The day is finally here. The day I've been waiting for for many months. And what day is that you ask? Well, it's the day that "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" opens in theaters!

I am beyond excited to see this movie b/c I just know I'm going to have a great time. I love those kinds of movie-going experiences...when you know how much you're going to enjoy it before the show even starts. Captain Jack Sparrow is also my favorite movie character of all time. Johnny Depp totally rocks that role...it's the one he was born to play & it's hard to imagine anyone else doing it. He's perfect. Much like Jack Black in "School of Rock". I think both of those guys should have won Oscars for their performances based on sheer entertainment value alone. Because isn't that what acting is all about? To entertain your audience? To show them a good time & make them forget about everything else for a few hours? To make the character so real that you want to meet them?

As far as I'm concerned, that's exactly what these two guys did, so I hereby present honorary Academy Awards to Johnny Depp & Jack Black. I wish I could hang out with Captain Jack & Dewey Finn! And, I urge all of you to go see the new Pirates movie ASAP! It's going to be quite a ride. Savvy?

Keep to the code,
PortlandGirl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home