Getting Oregonized

Random thoughts & observations before, during & after a cross-country move to Portland, Oregon in June 2006.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Frustrated, Incorporated

As I got out of the shower today, it suddenly dawned on me that I'm quickly veering from the "Waiting Patiently" lane into the "OK, now I'm just getting pissed off" lane on the Dream Job Super Highway. It's not a super highway. It sucks if you want to know the truth...full of potholes, unforseen tolls & one wicked case of road rage.

I'm not sure what took place in the minutes between getting IN the shower & getting out of the shower that put me in that angry place, but it happened. All of a sudden, I was just mad. Mad that this decision hasn't already been made. Mad that I've done everything I can to make it work, but I'm still left with the feeling that something isn't working. Mad that it's even a possibility that I'll get a call saying, "We've decided to go with someone else" after everything I've invested into the process. And I have no idea when that call may or may not come. It's so frustrating!!! I mean, come on! You must have SOME idea of who you want to hire. It's down to 2 people for crying out loud! Can you honestly say that you don't have ANY idea which one of us you're leaning towards?! Just pick one!! At this point, I'm extremely close to suggesting the "eeny meeny miney moe" method.

See?! See the anger?! It's all boiling up & coming out right here in black & white for all to see!

I also found out this afternoon that the position at the ad agency I interviewed for a few weeks ago (that I wasn't even sure I wanted anyway, but was trying to warm to) is no longer an option. I was told that I did really well in the first round of interviews & they wanted me back for a second round, but now, everything has been put on hold. Hmmm. I guess there are two ways to look at this development; 1) it's not my dream job, therefore, I wasn't meant to get it anyway. Who cares; and 2) I'm out of the running in one of the two things I have on the table right now. Shit.

This is one of those situations where I think a good night's sleep will do wonders. I have found the saying about things looking better in the morning to be fairly accurate.

On the plus side, I've got a nice glass of red wine next to me at the moment. I'm sitting at the desk in our studio (I've decided to start calling our 'office' a 'studio' instead b/c I just like the way it sounds), looking out at the beautiful view. There's a soft breeze coming in & the big yellow chair underneath the window is begging for company. Things could be worse.

Later,
PortlandGirl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home