Getting Oregonized

Random thoughts & observations before, during & after a cross-country move to Portland, Oregon in June 2006.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

I'm Still Alive!

I haven't been here in a while b/c I got my ass kicked by work last week! Don't get me wrong...it was a fantastic ass kicking b/c I had a great first week. I'm just finding it hard to get back into work mode after being off for the past 7 months. Seven months! That's crazy.

On the plus side of being rather exhausted, I've been sleeping VERY well.

I said I wasn't going to talk about work directly & I'm not, but indirectly, I work with some cool people. And when I say "some", I mean everyone. I'm really enjoying getting to know all of them. I'm also loving the fact that I'm getting to know my way around here SO well. I've been driving all over the place!

I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed at all of the information flying my way, but I know that will calm down in a few weeks. It happens to me EVERY time I begin a new job. I get anxious & impatient with myself for not knowing everything right away. Actually, I was just remembering the other day that it used to happen to me in high school too. During September, when we'd return for a new school year, I'd get that "uncomfortable" feeling I've spoken about before. September was a time for new schedules, new classmates, new teachers, new new new new new! Looking back, I realize that the feeling was likely an aversion to change, or at least an aversion to abrupt change. I guess I'm more of an "ease into it" kind of person.

And whaddya' know? It's September...time for change!

And so, in the spirit of learning, for this "school year", I'm going to embrace all of the changes & own them rather than letting them own me. I'm going to relax & go with the flow. Because I know everything will even out shortly. And in the meantime, there are always new school supplies to buy.

Hope you've all had a WONDERFUL summer & that your school year is a good one too. I'm just hoping I don't get Miss Slingerland as a teacher again.

Happy Labor Day!
PortlandGirl

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and Vinnie, aye?? Just posted a comment for August 24th, so am chiming in again. Keep up the good work. You are gonna be/are great!!

xxoo Another Diane

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home