Getting Oregonized

Random thoughts & observations before, during & after a cross-country move to Portland, Oregon in June 2006.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Weekend Update (without Tina Fey & Jimmy Fallon)

Happy Sunday everybody! It's almost 2:00 p.m. here & aside from a few phone calls I'd like to make, this posting is the last thing on my "list of things to do today". What will I do with the rest of the day? It's absolutely beautiful outside & I'm dying to be out in it. It's the type of day that makes you want to go apple picking...hey! Maybe that's what I'll do! Actually, I've promised myself a walk once I get through my list.

Having a few hours of empty time feels like a real luxury right now. It makes me want to spend them well. Work has been keeping me very busy (in a very happy way though) lately & the fact that I've had an entire weekend off has been wonderful. I've managed to be quite productive with my time, but a few things still keep getting moved to the bottom of the list. Time spent outside & time at the gym (or getting some form of exercise) are areas that are definitely suffering. Something to work on.

A few other little items of interest:
  • My little Lean Cuisine lunch bag (www.leancuisine.com) arrived on Friday & it's just as cute as I had hoped! You know when you order something online, thinking it's going to be wonderful, then it arrives & it totally sucks? Well, that didn't happen in this case. It's a great size & the style is perfect for toting around to appointments.
  • Fall in Portland continues to be a thing of incredible beauty. I find myself admiring the colors of the leaves every single day & I wish they'd stay on the trees all the time.
  • Deb, Dado & Steffano Bruno will be coming here for Thanksgiving at the end of November!! How excited am I? VERY!! I'm already planning the menu...any suggestions? I think it's going to be so much fun to show them around & I hope they'll love it out here as much as we do.
  • We went out for dinner on Friday night with Alison & Dave. They're so funny! I started calling them George Burns & Gracie Allen b/c they work so well off of each other humor-wise. I haven't laughed that hard for such an extended period of time in a long time (probably since our fabulous girl's weekend last February). We went to a McMenamins pub (www.mcmenamins.com) near our place called The Rock Creek Tavern. It was the perfect, fall-type place to go! It's kind of in the middle of nowhere, but it only takes about 15 mintues to get to the middle of nowhere! Great atmosphere, warm fireplaces, soaring rafters, live music & good food. Definitely an ideal way to end the work week.
I can't resist the call of the outdoors anymore, so I'll sign off. I hope all is well in your neck of the woods (do woods really have a neck?) & that life is being good to you.

Good night & have a pleasant tomorrow,
PortlandGirl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home